- Discuss with your friends the date and time of the party keeping in mind their availability and convenience.
- Extend your invitations ,naming all the people you wish to invite.Even if you take their presence for granted .you must invite them personally.
- If friends offer to help,you may delegate responsibilities.
- During the party introduce them to the newer guests.
- Never act too familiar or criticise them in the company of newer guests.
- Do not speak about their personal issues or problems at the party.
- do Thank them and see them off with courtesy.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
PARTY WITH FRIENDS
Hosting a dinner for friends or going over to a friend's place for a party is hardly a formal occasion.It is comfortable company and the atmosphere is more relaxed yet,some rules of etiquette apply .As a host/hostess one needs to follow certain guidelines which will help in maintaining and strengthening the bond of friendship.