Thursday, May 28, 2009

music education

musik is based on a proven concept that has its roots in the German tradition of Musikalische Früherziehung and now reaches children around the globe in over 30 countries.Words cannot describe what we have experienced this week at musik International’s Convention in Greensboro. I think only music could! We met educators from around the world who are spreading the magic and wonder of music to a million and a half students in 66 countries. We were moved by countless stories of the transforming nature of music in general and of baby music classes in particular. I myself was moved to tears when a child music class educator from Cincinnati sought me out and handed me a beautiful letter and drawing from a 6 year old boy that I used to teach. Moments like these are just precious and fill my heart with joy. This fun, fact filled little e-newsletter does just what I think it should. Each newsletter typically covers one developmental / musical topic, then gives parents Great ideas on how to play with your children, in each specific age group, to bring this issue to a fun-filled fruition. They are now offering a lot more – specials sales on clearance items they have overstocked, music, instruments, etc., as well as a few free music downloads if you do that sort of thing.

It’s just the kind of newsletter I would put together if I had a creative team of child and music education professionals working with me. Oh, I do – I work with Kingdoms. I love it! It is similar to the Sharing Sheet inserts that come with my regular newsletter that I mail out to my customers, only better pictures and in color. Just check it out and see for yourself!You can just get onto the Kingdoms website under Parents and find Tune IN, or just click on this link to get you right there child music education in a row of your children . You can see the current issue right there, OR, On the right side of the site, you can subscribe (no charge), and it is just one email a month. And your email information is SAFE – it goes nowhere else.

Free, Fun, and packed with research based ideas for playful parenting with a purpose. Enjoy!

No comments: